Sunday 24 February 2013

Changes I never wanted to make

Hello again, my friend. I've been listening to Neil Diamond lately.  

I don't really want this post to be all about the space of time since I last posted, so I won't. 

However...the last few months have helped me crystallize more clearly what I want to talk about--CHANGES.  Not my mind, my address or my underwear (although they all have their place) but about the changes that get made for you by living until a certain age. 

There are other changes people face unwillingly in their lives, such as relationships gone wrong, disasters or serious illness. My issues don't begin to compare with what so many other people have endured. 

But my changes have affected Me, my marriage and friendships on a fundamental level--how I view myself and my aspirations. Or another way would be to say, Have I been blind to what I am really like, but others have always known about me?

I don't like that question. I'm sure I won't like the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment