Friday 4 March 2016

I took the plunge...

Along with who knows how many other quilters I've signed on the The Splendid Sampler. One hundred 6.5" blocks. The small size will be part of the challenge, in addition to receiving two new blocks every week. Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson are heading up the quilt along, with over 80 other quilt designers.

Without further ado, I present my Block 1 Hearts Aflutter:

'






For my own satisfaction I also took a picture of the block in tonal to judge the contrast; I'm happy with it. I have so much to learn about colour. 



I'm working on Block 4 Happy Happy ( I love the name!) while I'm in an appliqué mode. I was going to shy away from the tiny circles and substitute buttons, but I'll check out a couple tutorials and give the appliqué a shot. After all, this is going to be all about learning new skills. 





No comments:

Post a Comment